Niton™ Apollo LIBS Analyzer
The Niton™ Apollo™ LIBS Analyzer for carbon analysis is designed to provide repeatable and accurate determinations for several elements including carbon in low alloy / carbon and stainless steels, allowing for L grade verification.
The major feature of the Apollo is its portability at 3 kg complete with battery and argon supply. This small compact unit allows easy and safe operation at elevations and in pipeline trenches. The Apollo provides high precision and accuracy on multi-elements as well as CE calculations, despite its compact size and weight.
The laser based Apollo is powered by a Class 3B laser, and includes multi-levels of user safety interlocks ensuring easy and safe operation with minimal training by non-technical users.
Data entry is via touch-screen keyboard, with outputs via WiFi, USB, and a tilting, colour, resistive touchscreen display. Also includes dual cameras and Internal GPS for ability to include GPS data with sample measurements.
- Analyze 14 elements including C, Al, Si, Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Nb, Mo, and W.
- Calculate carbon equivalency for pipe weld-ability
- Verification of metal alloys in manufacturing operations
- Field inspection for positive material identification (PMI)
- Qualification of Material Test Reports (MTR) throughout the supply chain
- Quality Assurance (QA) of outgoing production